Dr. Marvin Leder MSS Scholarship
MEDICAL STAFF SOCIETY
56-45 Main Street
Flushing, New York 11355
Application Year: 2024
Dear NewYork-Presbyterian Queens Employee:
The Medical Staff Society of NewYork-Presbyterian Queens is pleased to announce that we are once again offering college scholarships for the children of our employees. The annual NYPQ Dr. Marvin Leder Medical Staff Society Scholarship will award 12 college scholarships to students who will be in any year of college between September 2024 and June 2025. Children of members of the Medical Staff Society and Senior Administration are not eligible for this program.
Scholarships are awarded based on merit and can be awarded only once per student. Other children in a scholarship winner’s family are eligible to win a scholarship on their own. The scholarship will cover a period of one academic year (September 2024– June 2025). Winners will be announced on Thu, Jun 6th, 2024 and will be paid upon evidence of college enrollment. The criteria for applicants are as follows:
- At the time of application, the applicant must be a legal US resident;
- At the time of application, the student must have a parent, or legal guardian, employed full time at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens for no less than a period of 12 consecutive months or has worked part-time (scheduled for a minimum of 20 hours per week) for a period of 10 years;
- Submit a completed application and signed employment verification form;
- Submit an essay describing “Why am I interested in continuing my education?”
- Provide two (2) letters of CURRENT ACADEMIC recommendation
- Provide an OFFICIAL/ORIGINAL high school/college transcript (copies are not acceptable)
The required documents must be received no later than Tue, Apr 30th, 2024.
The Medical Staff Society of NYPQ and its Scholarship Committee will be solely responsible for making all determinations regarding eligibility of applicants, adherence to the criteria, and scholarship winners. Applications are reviewed by independent outside judges with no personal knowledge of the applicants or their parents. If, at the sole discretion of the Medical Staff Society, there is no suitable applicant, an award will not be made.
The Medical Staff Society intends to maintain this Scholarship Program on an annual basis. The Society, however, reserves the right to discontinue the program at its own discretion.
Applications may be obtained on this website NYPQCME.ORG, the NYPQ Infonet or from the Medical Staff Society Office. Please submit the completed application no later than Tue, Apr 30th, 2024 and good luck.
William M. Duke, M.D. President, Medical Staff Society